Jane Bates: Recognition
Shout out about good care, writes Jane Bates
What value would you put on good nursing care? A great deal, according to a friend and her family.
Their relative had been on the receiving end of exemplary treatment – the clinical staff, they said, could not have done more for them, over what became a protracted period of gruelling anxiety and heartbreak. They went the extra mile and the comfort they gave was beyond price.
What could the family do to say thank you? ‘People always give them chocolates, but it seems so inadequate,’ my friend said. The nurses in the room assured her that chocolates are never inadequate, but yes, there is something else you could do.
Write to them, we suggested, and tell them what you have told us and how much their care and support meant to you. Write to their bosses,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests