Institutional licenses are available for all RCNi journals, RCNi Learning and RCNi Portfolio.
We provide unrivalled clinical and research content to hundreds of academic and healthcare institutions worldwide, enabling their students and nursing teams to stay up to date with best practice and deliver exceptional patient care.
Our leading journals cover most specialisms in nursing, including nursing older people, children, people with learning disabilities, cancer, mental health and more. Our flagship publication, Nursing Standard, is the UK’s best-selling nursing monthly.
All RCNi journals contain:
- Evidence-based and peer-reviewed clinical articles and original research
- Latest developments in best practice, treatments and patient-care
- Essential CPD and CME peer-reviewed articles and learning modules
- Practical application and clinical innovation
About our platform
RCNi journals are hosted on ScholarStor, a highly advanced, cloud-based publishing platform by MPS. ScholarStor is fully optimised for mobile to make it easy for your users to access RCNi content on any device.
Our platform provides all of the features your organisation would expect including:
- Full-text access to articles in XML and PDF
- Article-level DOIs
- Live reference linking
- COUNTER compliant usage reporting
- Automatic usage harvesting using SUSHI
- Institutional authentication
- Simple and advanced search with Boolean operators
- Advanced article metrics powered by Piwik and PlumX
RCNi journals are indexed by many databases, including PubMed, the British Nursing Index (ProQuest), Scopus, Thomson Reuters ESC (Nurse Researcher), Google Scholar, and EBSCO Nursing Resources. RCNi journal content is also discoverable through EBSCO Discovery Service and Ex Libris Primo.
To find out more about any of our journals and how they can support your organisation's needs, or to get a tailored quote, please get in touch by completing this short enquiry form.
Subscribing to our journals
Each of our journals is available on an annual subscription basis in print and electronic or electronic-only format.
Included in the annual subscription(s):
- Excellence in clinical nursing publishing
- Online access to a 36-month rolling archive of back articles for the subscribed journals
- Perpetual access to the subscribed year
- Industry-standard functionality
Please download our brochure for further information on each of our journals.
Get in touch
If you would like to get a quote or take out an institutional subscription to any of our journals, please get in touch by filling in this short enquiry form.
Free trials available
Would your institution like to preview our journals before subscribing? You can request a free 30-day trial to any of our journals here.
RCNi journals archive
RCNi nursing journal archive currently includes over 147,000 articles that were published by RCNi from 1987-2021.
There are three ways you can ensure your users have access to RCNi Journal Archives:
- You are able to purchase perpetual access to the complete RCNi nursing journals archive, 1987-2021, that consists of articles from all journals published during that time
- You can purchase perpetual access to individual journal archives
- You can take out an annual subscription the complete RCNi nursing journals archive (this is only available to current subscribers)
For further information regarding any of these options or a quote, please get in touch by completing this short enquiry form.
Resources for your institution
Librarians are often the gateway through which our institutional users access our journals.
We have created some resources to help you highlight RCNi journal availability at your library and drive usage. These include posters, logos, leaflets, example email texts and web banners. You can access these promotional resources by visiting this page.
Highlights for Healthcare Libraries
RCNi’s newsletter, Highlights for Healthcare Libraries, is published at least twice per year. Each issue contains articles on healthcare information supply, product and platform enhancements, news, events, case studies, white papers and more.
To sign up for free, please complete this short registration form.
We are also looking for contributions. If you would like to be a contributor please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support and customer administration
We are always here to help. In the event you have a query, please contact our our Customer Experience Manager Bushra Mughal at email@example.com
Other RCNi products you may be interested in
RCNi Learning is an interactive, online CPD learning tool, designed to help student nurses prepare for clinical practice and qualified nurses enhance their skills and meet CPD requirements.
It contains more than 180 RCN accredited learning modules on over 40 topics, with CPD certificates upon completion. All content is evidence based and peer-reviewed by industry experts to ensure it promotes best practice and is up-to-date.
RCNi Portfolio makes revalidation simpler, by storing and tracking all nurse revalidation requirements in one easy-to-use online tool.
It’s been created in line with NMC’s guidelines and allows nursing staff to log their CPD evidence, practice hours and reflective accounts quickly and easily.
If you would like to support your nurses through revalidation by providing them with access to this tool, click here for further information.