As well as being the UK’s most widely read nursing journal, Nursing Standard is a unique digital resource that keeps nurses and health professionals up to date with the latest developments, best practice and research to meet the NMC’s revalidation requirements
As a subscriber you can also read all our news, features and opinion articles on our app. On our website you’ll find our online archive of clinical and continuing professional development (CPD) articles, as well as a history of nursing best practice stretching back to 1987.
Nursing Standard continues to publish relevant and up to the minute peer-reviewed articles and in-depth analysis of current nursing news and practice. We focus on the following clinical topics throughout the year:
- Critical care
- End of life
- Infection prevention and control
- Mental health
- Pain management
- Surgical care
- Skin/wound care
We also regularly cover a range of professional issues such as workforce, leadership, nursing regulation, healthcare funding, patient experience and nurse well-being.
Nursing Standard is indexed on these databases: British Nursing Index, Ethnic minorities health, A Current Awareness Bulletin, International Nursing Index, MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, OSH-ROM (HSELINE), Palliative Care Index, RNdex.
Subscribe to Nursing Standard
From as little as £8.00 a month, a subscription to Nursing Standard gives you unlimited access to these valuable resources:
- Choice of digital or print edition – your monthly journal, delivered to your inbox and/or door
- Personalised website and e-newsletters – we highlight articles of interest to you based on what you’ve read before on the Nursing Standard website. This also informs the content you receive in your daily e-newsletters, ensuring you get more of what’s relevant to you
- Access to our app – you can read all our news, features and opinion content on the move via your smartphone or tablet and be alerted to breaking news stories
- Online archive and ten extra articles a month – access our archive of peer-reviewed articles. You can even access up to ten articles each month from any other RCNi journal
- RCNi Portfolio – get a clear overview of your revalidation progress at a glance, with interactive quizzes to help you quickly build your CPD hours
- Continuous online publishing – peer-reviewed articles are available online first, giving you faster access to new content
RCN student member?
Organisations can also subscribe to Nursing Standard on behalf of their nurses or students.
Acceptance of advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or an endorsement of a product or service by the RCN or RCNi. Please see our advertising information for more details.
Tel: +44(0)208 872 3123
Tel: +44(0)208 423 1333
RCNi produce a comprehensive range of online nursing resources including RCNi Learning and RCNi Portfolio. We also host the annual RCNi Nurse Awards, the largest UK-wide award ceremony to celebrate and honour the often unsung stars within our nursing profession.
RCNi, 20 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0RN
Royal College of Nursing Journal subscription department, Copse Walk, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff CF23 8XG
Tel: +44(0)345 772 6100
Institutional subscriptions from £791 a year. Click here to find out more or get a quote for your organisation.
RCNi journals offer open access publishing. To find out more see our open access information.
Write for us
Are you interested in writing for Nursing Standard? To find out more about submissions please see our author guidelines.
At RCNi we have lots of information available to help you successfully write for publication. Please see our Write for us section, which details the many ways you can share your experience and knowledge to the benefit of our nursing community.
© 2021 RCN Publishing Company Limited
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission of the Publishers or a licence permitting restricted copying issued by the Copyright Licensing Agency, 90 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 9HE. This publication may not be lent, resold, hired out or otherwise disposed of by way of trade in any form of binding or cover other than that in which it is published, without the prior consent of the Publishers.
Please see our terms and conditions for more details.
ISSN 0029-6570 (print)
ISSN 2047-9018 (online)