How nurses are preparing for the revalidation process
Five nurses from across the UK discuss their plans for renewing their registration, continuing professional development and building their portfolios.Abstract
As the profession’s new system of revalidation goes live, this article brings together the experiences of emergency nurses from revalidation pilot sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. A total of 19 sites across the UK, including hospital trusts, tested the process between 2014 and 2015. This gave these trusts the opportunity to prepare their staff and help them to get revalidation ready ahead of the official roll-out. This article aims to help nurses working in emergency departments better understand the process and offers tips for dealing with process issues which are pertinent to them.
This month sees the first cohort of nurses successfully re-registered under the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s (NMC) revalidation process. The move from post-registration education and practice (Prep) has been accompanied by...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests