60 seconds with RCN Nurse of the Year Venetia Wynter-Blyth
Step outside your comfort zone and don’t be afraid to fail, says Venetia Wynter-Blyth
Venetia Wynter-Blyth graduated from the University of Southampton with a bachelor of nursing (Hons) degree and has worked in oncology for 15 years. She spent 12 years as an upper gastrointestinal (GI) clinical nurse specialist before taking up her current post as Macmillan nurse consultant in upper GI cancers at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust in London. She was named RCN Nurse of the Year 2016 for creating PREPARE – a holistic ‘prehabilitation’ self-management programme for people with cancer who require surgery.
What are your main work responsibilities? My role is divided between clinical responsibilities, focusing on...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests