How to set and achieve your goals
Setting clear goals can help give clarity to your long-term vision and motivate you to get there, writes Mandy Day-Calder
Do you sometimes look at your colleagues and think everyone else is achieving more? Are you in awe of some nurses’ ability to stick to plans and remain unfazed? Well, rest assured, you are not alone.
Although we can’t all be creative geniuses, most of us come up with great ideas from time to time. Yet all too often we set ourselves unrealistic goals that, once the initial enthusiasm wears off, mean our ideas never come to fruition.
Don’t be disheartened though; by doing things differently you can succeed.
Setting clear goals can give clarity to your long-term vision and help motivate...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests