Readers’ panel: What should the new health and social care secretary prioritise?
New health and social care secretary Matt Hancock, who was appointed this month to replace Jeremy Hunt, has vowed to transform technology in the NHS and drive culture change within the health and social care sectors. Nursing Standard readers have their say
Rachel Kent is a mental health nurse in London
A fresh pair of eyes and a new relationship have potential for good if the priorities of those involved are the same or similar. Mr Hancock has acknowledged that NHS staff feel undervalued, and that the NHS needs modernising, which I agree with. I would like to see a more inclusive platform for healthcare professionals to have input into government policy; we are a rich resource at his disposal, and listening to our views and expertise should be a priority....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests