Do Doctors and Nurses Kill More People Than Cancer?
The simple premise of the book is this: modern medicine, the NHS, and in particular doctors and nurses, are failing. Actually, they are more than failing: they are killing patients.
According to author Vernon Coleman, a registered GP who has written more than 100 books, doctors and nurses kill more people than infections, road accidents, terrorists and criminals put together, and they certainly kill more people than cancer.
In a series of 45 essays, the book covers topics including the bureaucracy inherent in the NHS, the money spent on the NHS, the nursing profession, waiting lists and the regulation of healthcare professionals. Seeing chapter titles such as ‘Cowgirl Nurses with Great Expectations’ and ‘Cockroaches with Computers’, you soon get the picture.
Coleman has been called ‘the living terror of the British medical establishment’. With his argument being that the NHS should be dispensed with and replaced by...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests