Book review: The Holistic Guide for Cancer Survivors
The Holistic Guide for Cancer Survivors
★ ★ ★★★
I found this publication easy to read, with excellent content relevant to clinical practice. It has a nursing focus and would be of value to all nurses working with cancer patients.
I would particularly recommend it to nurses new to the specialty as it explains the cancer journey and beyond in an easy-to-understand format.
It would encourage all nurses involved in the delivery of anti-cancer treatments to gain an understanding of the possible long-term impact of therapies physically, socially, emotionally and psychologically. This would assist them in the education of patients and their families on how long-term consequences of treatment can be minimised and to best support patients and their families.
The book reminds readers that cancer treatments involve partnerships between patients, families, other health care professionals and agencies outside the NHS....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests