Book Review: Excellent Dementia Care in Hospitals - A Guide to Supporting People with Dementia and their Carers
★ ★ ★ ★
The authors share their expertise and understanding of the needs of people with dementia in hospital in this useful guide for nurses and healthcare assistants.
Each chapter includes case studies and information on how to make best practice happen.
Accessibility is a strength of this book, although it would have been better to have full referencing for each chapter in place of an overall bibliography.
Useful techniques, such as validation and therapeutic touch, are well covered and chapters on communication, pain and end of life care are particularly strong.
This book should be read by all nurses who care for people with dementia in hospital and by students preparing for hospital ward placements.
Jo James, Beth Cotton, Jules Knight et al | Jessica Kingsley | 192pp | £16.99 | ISBN: 9781785921087
Reviewed by Nicky...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests