Book review: A Clinician’s Brief Guide to the Mental Health Act (fourth edition)
The authors offer this as a ‘brief guide’ to the Mental Health Act and the content is commendable.
The text guides the reader smoothly and succinctly through a concise history of common and statutory law. It is illustrated throughout with relevant and applicable content, helping to bring to life the process of decision-making and the application of the Mental Health Act. It also highlights the complexities that front-line clinicians may have to navigate in their daily work.
This text is eloquently written, accessible and user-friendly in its format and delivery. It is a must-read for all nurses working in mental health, whether those in hospitals, communities or the prison service. It would also be a valuable resource for those working in adult safeguarding, lecturers, nursing students or anyone with a professional curiosity about mental health and the act of mental health.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests