Make your contribution to NHS England’s next nursing strategy
As my fourth chief nursing officer’s summit on December 1/2 approaches, this is an appropriate time to look back, and also forward.
The summit comes just over a year since NHS England published its Five Year Forward View. It will be an opportunity to reflect on nurses’ achievements in this, and on the Compassion in Practice strategy which I launched three years ago.
We are now in the process of developing a follow-on strategy, and from engagement across the health and care system, online and at events, I am encouraged to see the enthusiasm for this.
Potential themes emerging include population health, the personalisation agenda, productivity, safety and staffing, service transformation, innovation, improvement, and developing and sustaining the workforce.
You have until November 6 to contribute your thoughts and questions about a follow-on strategy, and I strongly encourage you to get involved.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests