Getting it right at the NMC starts with compassion
Andrea Sutcliffe wants to take the fear out of fitness to practise processes
Treating people with kindness, respect and compassion sounds simple, yet it is something many organisations struggle to do. Too often we focus on process and forget about the people involved.
Understanding the impact of every interaction
While the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) has made a lot of progress, we still haven’t got this completely right. Only recently, we were alerted to an email we sent to someone who had left our register after 45 years, in which we failed to thank them for their service .
Clearly, 45 years of dedicated public service deserved more. We acted quickly...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests