Endometriosis is the presence of endometrial-like (womb lining) tissue outside the uterus, which induces a chronic, inflammatory reaction. Up to one in 10 women and up to 50% of infertile women are believed to have the condition, which can be painful and debilitating. It can have a significant impact on quality of life, and on the lives of partners. Research has found that men are often marginalised in relation to endometriosis, with little information and support available.
A new resource on the impact on the relationships of women affected with endometriosis has been published by charity Endometriosis UK. This information, for women, their partners and health professionals, says that the condition can have a negative impact on couples' quality of life...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests