Standardised nursing uniforms: what do you want to wear to work?
An NHS consultation could see an end to the plethora of colours and styles used across hospital and community settings in England
- The current system can be confusing for patients, with many different colours and styles worn by nurses at different trusts across the country
- Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland introduced national uniforms for nurses years ago, and NHS Supply Chain proposes a similar change for England
- The uniform options that may be appropriate for staff in different settings, and how the consultation will work
Deciphering who’s who in healthcare is a perennial problem, with patients – and staff – often confused by the multitude of uniform colours and styles.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests