Overseas nurse recruitment: how to get it right and support staff
Advice from nurse managers and recruitment experts on helping overseas staff settle in, supporting their professional development and ensuring they want to stay
- Tips on best practice in recruitment processes, supporting retention and encouraging professional development
- The practical, financial and emotional support employers can offer to help staff settle in to a new home, workplace and culture
- How networking with other overseas recruits and seeking support through international nurse organisations can help prepare new staff
Reliance on recruitment of nurses from overseas to address chronic staffing shortages in the UK health and social care systems shows no sign of abating.
In 2021 more than half of the 43,400
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests