New course boosts care and district nurses’ morale
A leadership training programme devised and delivered by a team in Surrey is improving patient care and boosting the morale of district nurses.
The District Nurse Development Programme at Virgin Care’s Surrey adult community nursing service has enabled participants to develop leadership skills and empowered them to champion quality, compassionate, patient-centred services.
Virgin Care launched a community nursing innovation programme to improve its services after clinical lead for professional development Tracy Harman and her team decided they had to address the considerable challenges facing them. These included internal changes such as the drive to implement new mobile clinical management technology to the pressures of the constantly evolving role for district nurses.Vision
‘Our vision was to create a 21st-century community nursing service that serves its...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests