Exclusive: new Council of Deans of Health chair talks to Nursing Standard
This is the most turbulent time in education I can remember, says new Council of Deans of Health chair Brian Webster-Henderson
With Brexit, new roles and routes into nursing, changes to the student bursary in England, and draft standards for nursing education, there is a lot happening that will affect nursing schools.
Brian Webster-Henderson, the new chair of the Council of Deans of Health (CODH) and Edinburgh Napier Univerisitys dean of learning and teaching, says: I dont think I have known such a time. There is plenty of change going on and the agenda and landscape we are facing in policy and financial terms are really changing more than ever before.
Professor Webster-Henderson was previously vice-chair of the CODH, which represents the UK university faculties that are engaged in education and research...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests