The board game that helps everyone recognise they’re a leader
Nursing staff across all bands and roles take the lead in many areas – but often without recognising it
- It’s common for nursing staff to take the lead – while struggling to see themselves as leaders
- Researcher devised a board game to help health visitors discuss and reflect on the issue
- Everyone can demonstrate leadership, whatever their role in an organisation
How can you bring theories of leadership alive, particularly for those who don’t see themselves as leaders?
That was the quandary faced by Karen Stansfield, whose doctoral research focused on how health visitors understand leadership. ‘We’ve had 20 years of policies on how nurses and health visitors need to strengthen their leadership, yet we still don’t seem to be achieving as much as we would like,’ says...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests