It’s so rewarding
'I am senior registered nurse at Prince George House care home in Ipswich, one of ten new homes being developed by Care UK in Suffolk as part of a £60 million investment in the country’s residential care services.
There are around 70 residents at the home. The youngest is a woman in her mid-forties living with dementia, and the oldest is 100. One of the best things about my job is that I get to spend time with the residents.
I have 14 years’ experience in nursing and residential homes. As well as a solid skills base, the job requires a good ability to communicate; you have to understand the needs and wishes of people living with dementia, and be able to empathise with relatives as they experience their loved one’s journey, which can be very emotional.
My role also involves managing...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests