Empowering nurses to lead innovation
The Patients First Programme, which develops leadership skills and confidence, is inviting applications, with projects starting in November.
'Locally focused, nurse-led projects can make a big difference,’ says Dr Theresa Shaw, chief executive of the Foundation of Nursing Studies, which manages the programme.
‘We’re seeing what nursing teams can do at the front line of care, often with very little money.’
Clinically based nurses and nurse-led teams in health and social care settings across the UK can apply. The closing date is September 7.
Since 2009, 80 nurse-led teams have taken part in the programme, which is backed with funding from the Burdett Trust for Nursing and aims to help clinically based nurses, midwives and health visitors lead local innovations that will develop nurses, nursing and healthcare practice.
Focus on patient experience
Current projects include looking at nutrition and diet in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests