Strategies to boost your emotional resilience
Avoid burnout and enjoy your career more by learning how to improve your mental wellbeing by building up emotional resilience
My dad is one of life’s true survivors: faced with redundancy, family illness, the death of his wife and now a cancer diagnosis, still he doesn’t let himself get dragged down. Yes, he can feel and show deep sadness, but neither his emotions nor what he is going through define him.
There’s no denying dad is resilient, but he didn’t win the ‘resilience lottery’– it isn’t something you either have or you don’t. Instead, as Dr Russ Newman said, resilience ‘is a process of adapting to adversity that can be developed and learned’.
Stresses of nursing
Given the stresses and demands of nursing, it’s essential to invest in your mental wellbeing. Emotional resilience is a vital part of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests