How to challenge the misguided assumptions we all make
You cannot take back an insensitive comment or judgement, but you can minimise the risk of it happening
The saying ‘every day’s a school day’ is often used in jest, but there is plenty of wisdom in it.
Most seasoned nurses will know that learning never stops, regardless of where you are in your nursing career. But this doesn’t always have to mean increasing your clinical knowledge, with learning opportunities also available outside the work environment.
I learned this lesson quite unexpectedly recently when I signed my dog, Jay, up for an agility class.
When we went along for the first session, I was expecting a fun evening watching him learn new skills and interact with other dogs, which he did.
I was also hoping for a supportive learning environment, so didn’t expect to be...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests