Nursing Standard Christmas podcast: gifts, shifts, Good Samaritans and festive poetry
Nursing Standard podcast on the joys of nursing at Christmas
Tales of working over the festive season and accepting gifts from patients and their loved ones feature in a Christmas-themed Nursing Standard podcast.
The episode also hears stories of nurses responding to emergencies as Good Samaritans while off-duty and a festive poem written and read by popular columnist Jane Bates.
Joining the discussion with Nursing Standard editor Flavia Munn are senior nurse editor Richard Hatchett, news editor Kat Keogh, career development editor Clare Lomas and senior clinical editor Jason Beckford-Ball.
Listeners can also find out more at the end of this episode about the RCNi Nurse Awards, which are now open for entries.
Subscribe for free and listen online, on Apple podcasts or on Spotify
- What to do if a grateful patient wants to give you a present
- Jane Bates: My message to NHS managers this festive season
- A Good Samaritan nurse can be a lifesaver – literally, but before stepping in, make sure to weigh the risks
- Weapons, toasters or fish: what gift will a patient give you today?
- Rolex and cash among gifts given to NHS staff
- Enter RCNi Nurse Awards