NHS pay bands explained: the salary you can expect, plus career progression advice
Tips on moving up through the Agenda for Change salary bands and what you can do to take your career to the next level
The governments in England and Wales are to award NHS staff a 3% pay rise. Health unions are consulting their members on whether they should push for more.
The award will be applied to each of the Agenda for Change (AfC) pay bands. Here we look at what it would mean for nurses’ salaries and what you can do to move up the bands.
The figures quoted below
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests