Book review: Safeguarding Adults in Nursing Practice (Second edition)
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
It is refreshing to find a book that relates nursing practice and adult safeguarding in the manner that this one does. It is mainly written for nursing students and incorporates the NMC Standards for pre-registration nursing education and essential skills clusters which is threaded throughout the book. The value it could also have for qualified nurses should not be underestimated.
It contains references to historical cases such as Winterbourne and Mid-Staffs but there are also case studies throughout which serve as a reminder to nurses that abuse can and does occur. It urges nurses to reflect on the case studies and consider their own actions.
Besides the six key principles of safeguarding within the Care Act 2014, it was good to see the book contain references to safeguarding legislation within the other countries that make up the UK....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests