Book review: Respiratory Care
★ ★ ★ ★
The editors have compiled this book as a student primer on respiratory care. It covers the subject in twenty one chapters and will be useful as an introductory single textbook. There are other similar textbooks on the market but this book is comprehensive and up-to-date with current evidence.
The first four chapters of the book cover respiratory anatomy and physiology, clinical assessment and investigations. Subsequent chapters are on specific respiratory conditions and treatments. Each chapter has learning objectives, case studies and summary boxes as well as good use of illustrations, all of which are excellent.
The chapter authors are a mix of medical, nursing and allied health professionals and adds to the richness of the content.
Each chapter is self-contained, allowing the reader to dip in and out but resulting in some content repetition between...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests