Workplace: Organising a learning event
Question: I recently attended an externally organised nursing workshop. I am an RCN representative and would like to organise a similar learning event at my trust. Do you have any advice?
The first step is to make managers aware of your intentions and get them on board. They can advise you about the best time to have the event to ensure a good turnout.
If you have decided on a theme, make sure you line up a guest speaker early. Your motto has to be 'fail to prepare, prepare to fail'.
As an accredited trade union representative you are in a great position to ensure such an event is accessible and useful to your colleagues. Inform your regional officer of your plans and find out what assistance is available.Get your event noticed
It is important to select a suitable venue, taking into account size...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests