Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool: how to use it in practice
The five-step resource to identify issues and develop a care plan for patients with malnutrition. Find out how to use it and its potential limitations
In the UK, an estimated 1.3 million people over the age of 65 are affected by malnutrition, and the vast majority (93%) live in the community.
The Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST) is a resource to help identify malnutrition issues and develop a care plan.
What is MUST?
Launched in 2003 and reviewed regularly since then, MUST was developed by the Malnutrition Advisory Group – a standing committee of the British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (BAPEN) .
It is supported
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests