Yvonne Coghill: resilience is key to good leadership
Resilience, drive and energy are essential traits for people in leadership positions in the NHS, especially for those from black and minority ethnic backgrounds, says Yvonne Coghill
As the dust settles on the recent presidential election in the United States, and the world starts to come to terms with Donald Trump as the US president-elect, my thoughts are still with Hillary Clinton.
Whatever your political views, you have to admire her resilience; she has been in politics for decades but still has the drive, energy and commitment to keep pushing forward and trying to make a difference.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests