WHO’s $60 million mental health initiative should not ignore nursing
Nurses are strangely absent from the World Health Organization’s five-year plan on mental health
A five-year mental health initiative launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) seeks to ensure access to high quality, affordable mental healthcare for an additional 100 million people in 12 as yet unnamed countries.
This is a laudable aim that is supported by the International Council of Nurses (ICN) – high quality care for mental health is one of our priorities. Nurses around the world will no doubt work tirelessly to achieve this goal.
Nurses are not only advocates, but...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests