Voting is your chance to shape nursing’s future
Have your say on the profession’s leaders, starting with the RCN EGM, says Caroline Shuldham
I cannot remember a time when there was so much uncertainty and change in the national nursing leadership. Who will hold these senior roles in the profession a few months from now?
With chief nursing officer for England Jane Cummings due to step down from her post in November, NHS England has joined forces with NHS Improvement to advertise for a single chief nursing officer. This will be a joint appointment, with the successful candidate reporting to the chief executives of both organisations.
The advert says candidates will be ‘strategic thought leaders with extensive knowledge across the breadth of nursing and midwifery’. Though this is England’s chief nurse, it is an important leadership position for nurses in all four countries of the UK, as we all...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests