Susan Osborne: Whimsical workforce guidance won’t help create a safer NHS
Guidance has belatedly been published on safe nurse staffing levels in five new healthcare settings, but the sanitised documents are silent on the real requirement for a workforce that is safe and fit for practice, says Susan Osborne
More than two and a half years after NHS England asked the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to suspend its work on safe nurse staffing, guidance has finally been published for five new healthcare settings.
Published at the end of January by regulator NHS Improvement on behalf of the National Quality Board, it...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests