Speaking up at congress
I am attending RCN congress for the first time as a voting member for my branch. Staff at my trust have provided me with some comments on the resolutions and matters for discussion, which I would like to share during the congress debates. Do you have any tips on speaking?
It is great that staff at your trust want to engage in the wider debates about nursing and health care, and you are fortunate to have the opportunity of representing your branch at this year’s RCN congress.
As an RCN steward, you will already be used to speaking at your staff side and branch meetings, so just imagine congress as an extension of these sessions. If you have time, check out the congress archives on the RCN website to watch how the debates proceed. It is crucial to be succinct during congress debates, so it may be a...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests