Plan your way to healthier eating
Shift patterns and limited choices present barriers at work, but these strategies can help
Last year Nursing Standard published a survey on the extent of weight problems among nurses. Only 40% of nurses who responded were of a healthy weight. Unfortunately, 71% of nurses felt that their employer gave little or no support to facilitate a healthy weight and lifestyle among staff.
We may try a crash diet from time to time but ultimately we know that more plants and protein and less crisps, cake and biscuits is the real answer.
So why is it so difficult to eat healthily? There are many reasons that drive humans to eat that have little to do with hunger and nothing to do with being greedy or lazy.
When we are particularly tired, we are drawn to eat more...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests