Pay rise: maybe it's time to strike
Nurses are right to feel short changed by claims that earnings are up, says Jane Bates
There must have been a collective ‘oh’ across the NHS when we opened our salary packets last week. ‘I haven’t got my pay rise!’ someone said. Then we realised we had received our pay rise, and this was it.
The government had screwed us over again. The anger was palpable, not least because of the disingenuous manner in which the politicians had treated us, with the timing of this debacle looking highly suspicious.
Just a joke
Call me a cynic, but was this cunningly managed to emerge at the beginning of the school...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests