Nurse recruitment overseas: how to offset cost to ‘donor’ nations
With too few nurses to go round, here’s how we can compensate for the impact foreign recruitment has on poorer healthcare systems
There has been chronic historical underfunding of nursing worldwide.
But the latest information about nurse vacancies, rates of intention to leave, and staff sickness rates, prove we are entering a global nursing workforce crisis.
Burnout nurses are leaving employment or taking absence and these are issues we address in our latest report on the global nurse workforce .
Impact of the pandemic on nurse numbers
At the start of the pandemic, there was a global shortage of six million nurses . Two years on – and in the face of a
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests