Jane Bates: What nursing needs is adequate resources, not royal patronage
Duchess of Cambridge's endorsement of Nursing Now campaign is not enough to keep us sweet
I would so love to be wrong. In fact, it would be brilliant if I were wrong.
I would even do the Highland Fling on our hospital rooftop if I were wrong, but I cannot shake the feeling that inviting the Duchess of Cambridge to big up the nursing profession is whistling into the wind when more consequential efforts should be made to keep nurses nursing.
I am talking about Nursing Now – a three-year campaign to boost the status of nursing across the globe, which the Duchess helped launch at St Thomas’ Hospital in London at the end...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests