Jane Bates: Skewed system lets bullying flourish
Two topical stories highlight the flaws in the way the NHS deals with complaints against staff
Every now and then, news items running concurrently make you shake your head in wonder about the NHS and its split standards.
In August, common sense prevailed when it was reported that restrictions placed on nurse Sarah Kuteh by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) had been lifted and she was allowed to return to full practice.
- RELATED: NMC lifts practice restriction on Christian nurse dismissed after discussing faith with patients
Ms Kuteh lost her job in 2016 and was placed on a conditions of practice order by the NMC after...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests