Jane Bates: The diet dilemma
From the Bright Line path to the Paleo regime, modern eating plans can be tricky to accommodate if you're the chef
Few things give more pleasure than wining and dining with old friends, but I was glad not to be the cook on this occasion as each of us is on a specific diet. Sorry, I mean ‘eating plan’ – dieting in this context is so 20th century.
One is on the Fodmap plan, which means among many other things no gluten or onions, while another is off flour and sugar because they are following the Bright Line path.
The Paleo regime is being contemplated by a third friend with high cholesterol who assiduously balances her good and bad fats in a bid to stay off the statins, and I’m the picky...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests