Invest more and smarter: solving the UK’s nurse staffing crisis
UK healthcare recruitment compares poorly with our European neighbours, according to a WHO report, which urges seeing nursing as an investment, rather than a cost
The World Health Organization (WHO) has published its first-ever report on the healthcare workforce in Europe.
It offers some telling insights into the profile of nursing and other healthcare professions in every country in the region, including the UK.
Pressures adding to staffing and retention issues
We are not alone in experiencing staffing shortages, it highlights, but we have little to be content about when nursing workforce comparisons are made.
Health system recovery and future preparedness will fail without a strengthened healthcare workforce, the authors say. The
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests