How to make nurses confident about research
Ensuring nurses can use and produce research starts with ‘hands-on’ preregistration education
The future of person-centred and evidence-informed practice depends on a professional workforce that is confident about research.
Nurses should be involved in research at all career levels, but building this capacity begins with preregistration students acquiring a thorough understanding of the role of research in assessing, evaluating and improving practice.
As the representative body of UK university faculties engaged in education and research for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals, the Council of Deans of Health is committed to promoting research capacity in these disciplines.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests