Fair pay: why we need to shout louder than ever before
If exhausted nurses leave the profession, government plans for health and social care are in tatters – so keep pushing until we’re heard
Nursing colleagues in England and Wales showed their bitter disappointment at the government’s 3% NHS pay deal in their response to an RCN consultation earlier this month.
Patients are the reason I went into nursing. Giving them the best possible care and seeing their health improve because of what we do is what gives me the greatest pleasure.
Pay award does not come close to what nurses deserve
Every day I am reminded of the profound honour of
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests