Body cameras and why nurses should keep an open mind
Use of bodycams needs more research, but evidence suggests they may have a role
If you’re reading this while travelling, your image has probably been recorded. If you are on public transport, you will have been captured on CCTV numerous times. Even your walk along the street or shopping trip will be recorded at several points.
You might be reading this on your phone at home, but your digital movements will still have been recorded – with more data captured about your interests and browsing preferences.
General acceptance of widespread surveillance
We tend to accept these intrusions in the interests of public safety and have become almost immune to their presence. It could be argued...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests