Amanda Burston: We all have a role to play in ending domestic abuse
As the RCN reaffirms its commitment to helping nurses tackle domestic abuse, former RCNi Nurse of the Year Amanda Burston outlines why all health professionals need to work together to end it
An RCN position statement issued in August confirms the college’s ongoing commitment to supporting nurses, midwives and healthcare workers to better understand the complexities that surround domestic abuse.
This is one of many activities undertaken by the college since a resolution was passed at Congress 2016 asking the RCN council to lobby for mandatory domestic abuse awareness for all health workers.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests