Scotland's new mental health strategy
Read our policy briefing on the Scottish government's new ten-year mental health strategy
An extra 800 mental health professionals will be placed in emergency departments, GP practices, prisons and police departments in Scotland. The pledge, which does not set out what type of staff they will be, is part of the Scottish government's mental health strategy for the next ten years.
The document also promises to increase access to early intervention services and review counselling services in schools to ensure that pupils receive timely support. The strategy has steps to improve delivery of child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS), including an audit to look at concerns over rejected referrals, and action taken as a result.
It commits to testing and evaluating sustainable models...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests