Physical health of people in prison
Read our guide on a new resource from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) that urges nurses to ensure patients in prison receive the same standard of care as the general population
Since 2013, NHS England has been responsible for commissioning health services for those in prison in England. According to NICE, healthcare in prison plays an important role in identifying health needs, including chronic conditions.
In November, NICE published new guidance on the physical health of people in prison. It includes recommendations on assessing someone’s health when they come in to prison, managing and supervising medicines, promoting health and well-being in prison and how to manage health emergencies and support those with rapidly...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests