Type 2 diabetes remission: how to help patients lose weight and eliminate medication use
The DiRECT trial has shown the benefits of rapid weight loss through a low-calorie diet. Here’s how to guide your patients
- Results of DiRECT trial studies have shown many patients with type 2 diabetes can achieve remission through a safe rapid weight loss programme
- Not everyone can achieve remission, but even those who don’t will still achieve health benefits, say experts
- How each stage of the programme works, the resources available to nurses, plus what patients need to know before starting
More than four million people in the UK have type 2 diabetes, according to Diabetes UK .
Type 2 diabetes carries risk of serious complications
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests