Personalised care: how to prioritise shared decision-making in your practice
Practical steps you can take to make this key NHS goal part of everyday patient care
- Shared decision-making is a key goal for achieving personalised care, as outlined in the NHS Long Term Care Plan
- NICE guidance explains how shared decision-making can be implemented, with the aim of making the patient an equal partner in their care
- Tips on supporting shared decision-making, how to be a good nurse communicator and the role of leadership in developing personalised care
Shared decision-making is becoming increasingly important in health and care.
The concept was championed in the NHS Long Term Plan as one of the key ways of ensuring more personalised
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests