Pay offer: how it breaks down and what nurses need to know
Greeted with a furious decision to ballot on industrial action, this year’s NHS pay offer is among the most complicated ever – here’s what nurses should know about it
The delayed announcement about NHS pay for staff in England has now been made, with the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) finally publishing its offer on 19 July.
Unions and health leaders have already spoken out about an ‘insulting’ and ‘pitiful’ offer on the table, with the RCN Council passing an emergency motion to hold a ballot for industrial action.
But what is the offer exactly? The offer on the table is not as straightforward as in previous years, with different pay rises for nurses at different levels.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests